14.3.07

you leave the length of the road behind

1. I think there's something seriously wrong with my ankle this time. As in, it's got a funny shape to it, and after 10 days I still get shooting pains when I step on the outside of my foot. This is maybe not good.

2. Good friends of ours called from the Joe tonight, to brag about getting free tickets on the goal line. As good friends do.

I hate living in DC.

3. I am sitting here staring at a paper that's done, but not quite how I want it. I know I need to send it out, but I can't quite bring myself to hit upload.

4. Updating my syllabus should have taken an hour, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do now that I've lost a three hour block of class time. I suspect I'm making this harder than it needs to be.

5. A prof at TUWSNBN became a parent this week. He and his wife are going to be great at parenthood, I'm sure.

I can be terribly pleased for other people when they have children without having any real desire to have them myself.

1 Comments:

At 3/15/2007 8:18 AM, Blogger Genealogy Spice said...

On 1, yikes! I know of a natural cure that usually works wonders (or used to when I had similar ankle woes) but it's pretty darn painful and I'm not sure if you can get all the ingredients this side of the Atlantic. Re 3, just do it :-). Re 4, I hear you. Re 5, we could be twins. Although I seem to have some nagging maternal instincts on and off but there are a couple of steps in between that I might as well take care of first ;-). Ok procrastination over, back to work :-)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home