3.11.05

Borrowing memes

Saw this over at BrightStar's and she graciously agreed that I could scam it for here.

Yes, I'm wasting time instead of a) working, b) writing NaNo, c) cleaning my apt or d) finishing my conference paper. Why are you surprised?

From what I can tell, this is being freely passed around. So if you're interested, go ahead and use it. It'd be great if you commented and told me where it's gone, though.

Another Music Meme

song I always put on mix CD's: "Hallelujah," Rufus Wainwright

song I try to woo people with: "I Love You," Sarah McLachlan

song that reminds me of my childhood: "Down by the Bay," Raffi. My mom used to sign this with us. Now she (and my sister) sing it with my nephew, and every time I hear it I think of our family vacations.

song that takes me back to junior high: "Cradle of Love," Billy Idol

song that takes me back to college: "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand," Primitive Radio Gods. For some reason we played this all the time my freshman year. It always makes me think of one of my best friends, with who hooked up with one of my roommates and now isn't allowed to talk to us.

song that always makes me cry: "Mother's Pride," George Michael

song that takes me to my happy place: "If I Had $1,000,000," BNL

song I play to get the party started: "Radio Radio," Elvis Costello

first concert attended: Weezer, with my boyfriend (now husband) and my sister. Teenage Fanclub and 7 Year Bitch opened for them, in Detroit. The Sweater Song still rocks, so I make no apologies for this.

No, wait, it was that dog, not 7 Year Bitch, as an opening act. I think.

last concert attended: BNL, during the Peepshow tour. I think. It's not possible that it's been two years since I saw a concert, is it? Now I'm depressed. Can anyone remember a concert I've been to since then?

artist I've seen most often in concert: definitely BNL, followed closely by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Kid Rock, Dance Hall Crashers and Save Ferris.

first record/CD I bought: Hmm. The first CD I remember buying was Jagged Little Pill. Not sure if there were a couple before that or not.

last record/CD I bought: Whiskey Tango Ghosts, from iTunes. Last physical CD I bought was Bathing in the New Millennium. Last album I acquired was How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, by the always incredible U2. (No, wait, it was the new Harvey Danger album, Little by Little, which they're offering as a download from their website. Don't forget to send a donation, or buy the CD, because the whole thing is an effort to discredit DRM.)

album I love falling asleep to: Touch, Sarah McLachlan

album I love waking up to: Torch This Place, Atomic Fireballs

best after-hours album: Lockjaw, Dance Hall Crashers

best song/album for falling in love: best song is "At This Point in My Life," Tracy Chapman or maybe "You're to Me," Scott Fab; best album is Come Away with Me, Norah Jones

best song/album for breaking up: "This is Where It Ends," or "Break Your Heart," BNL. Preferably both, on repeat, and played very, very loud. And Born on a Pirate Ship is hands-down the best breakup album, because it isn't all about breaking up. But mostly it is. Matter of fact, I'm going to listen to it now.

guilty pleasure music: Bryan Adams or Wilson Phillips. Yes, I admit it, I like sappy ballads and guitar rock.

And I'm adding a couple:

song that I love to sing in the car: "Sweet Marie," The Anniversary or "Be My Yoko Ono," BNL

album that would be the soundtrack to a movie about my life: Double Wide, Uncle Kracker

album I *wish* was the soundtrack to my life: La Femme Nikita

Created by Lucky Buzz

3 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that a long list...I probably have some just as corny,....LOL

I agree on the billy idol song...HE still rocks...my hubby will testify now that we have 80s and 90s satellite rock radio! WOOHOO...

Billy Idol...TURN IT UP!

O well have to get back to work so i can then nano on my day off from camera shop! WOOHOO

 
At 11/03/2005 3:07 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I like the ones you added. I might go back and add those in... seriously, you were SO CORRECT about our overlapping musical tastes. I would listen to a mix C.D. of yours any day.

R.E. Save Ferris -- I've totally seen them in concert, and I was trying to think of the name of that group a few days ago, actually...

song that takes me back to college: "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand," Primitive Radio Gods. SERIOUSLY!!! This song was out at the end of college for me, but it also definitely takes me back.

oh, man... I could comment on almost all of these songs. Very Very Good List.

 
At 11/08/2005 1:27 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

S: Corny? These are not corny. They are classic music.

Well, some of them are, at least.

brightstar: Someone else who listens to Save Ferris! Hooray!

Would I be dating myself to sdmit that my first concert t-shirt was for them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home