1.11.05

It's not just about writing

It's also about hanging out with new people, talking about writing and totally unrelated things, eating, laughing and drinking. Or at least that's the impression I get from two events and the message board for NaNoWriMo.

A strangely high percentage of the people I've met so far write for a living--but non-fiction, rather than the focus of NNWM. Lots of science, a high number of grad students and academics, and more editors than I've ever seen in one place.

Haven't met any lawyers yet, which says something about the legal profession.

There's also this, a challenge to drink and post for Saturday. It was mentioned at the write-in tonight, which of course meant that I had to go looking for the source of this intriguing event for my own elightenment.

Anybody know of a place with free wifi and alcohol? Because that's where I want to be on Saturday night. Anyone interested can feel free to join me in the blogging equivalent of the drunk dial.

6 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm....must investigate...where free wifi and alcohol! seems like an impossibility....no?!

 
At 11/02/2005 9:21 PM, Blogger Priya said...

So, NANO is a front for a good piss up?

As for free wi-fi and alcohol venues, how about Home? I presume there's free wi-fi and alcohol there? and the excellent company of Fred and Kevin :-)

 
At 11/02/2005 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL or if it is at my house...the company of charlee, phantom, and mittens

 
At 11/02/2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

See, I'm pretty sure the idea is to go out and write. But maybe not. Still haven't found anywhere to go, so I might end up at home.

If I drink enough, maybe I can finish my paper. Or at least stop my influenza deaths from going negative (this is not good. Influenza patients can't just come back to life. Can they?)

 
At 11/03/2005 12:44 AM, Blogger Priya said...

They could if they were zombies.

Maybe you could turn paper into IR/horror story. I'm sure regionalversionofbignamemeeting would be much enlivened by that.

 
At 11/03/2005 12:14 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh god. Just start calling me QG.

Now *I'm* thinking of backing out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home