7.1.06

Ingredients for a not very terrible saturday

Part II in the takeover of the blog process: blog about me, me, me and my incredibly mundane life. If only I bungee-jumped or tattooed body parts or even fought a killer rabbit. But, I didn't. Wait, let me tell yous what I did (in some detail):

1. Had an excellent breakfast at a pub. Can't get any better than omelettes, meat and coffee in the morning. Also,this pub (newly-opened) was particularly nice since it facilitated watching of football.

2. Watched the FA Cup. This meant two hours of football with Liverpool winning an extremely tense match. Any grey hairs yous may notice on my head can be directly attributed to Liverpool's propensity to almost lose a match, often to opposition which can be characterised as "fairly easy game", and then turn it around. I guess I shouldn't be complaining since, until last year, they wouldn't even have turned it around.

3. Went for a good long walk on the trail.

4. Revised a paper that I'm rather excited about (and which has prevented me doing much work on other stuff). The thing about papers and about having a lamentable memory is that I often forget what I've been working on if I've not done anything on it for a week or so (like now). It was like reading a whole new paper. Unfortunately though, between two weeks ago and now, the quality of the paper seems to have deteriorated. I'm working on fixing it up and having quite a lot of fun in the process. It would be marvellous if the PhD thing would just go away and I could sit around and write papers on different topics instead.

5. Lounged around at home in the evening and watched Brainiac on the Video Game channel (I think? G4TV, it's called and it's a channel in the late 100s if you live in my part of the world).

All right, if blogging about Liverpool, obscure TV shows and pubs doesn't flush E out of her hiding place, I don't know what will.

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL too funny...and i think u flushed her out

 
At 1/12/2006 11:18 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Yes!!! Too bad my evil plan for takeover has to be temporarily put on hold...I'll try be more subtle next time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home