6.1.06

On a much better topic for research than the one I currently have

One of the benefits of being a LS flunkie, especially at the start of the semester, is the many free food type occasions one gets to attend. Well, strictly-speaking, as a flunkie, I'm not exactly invited but most of the time people are too polite to actually enquire as to who I am and what I'm doing there. Tonight's dinner featured a menu of salmon-on-sticks (small pink fishy bits on satay sticks), crab cakes, chocolate cake and a group of people inexplicably keen to talk to me.

Maybe it was the level of sound in the room (high) or my accent (often dodgy) but apparently a few of the people I was talking to heard me saying I was conducting research on "Northern Ireland and the pub". Wishful thinking, probably. Also, someone else went there and did that already.

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Best. Shock and horror. Sacrilage.

 
At 1/19/2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Oh please! And, what DO they teach you lot at that posh college of yours? Not spelling, apparently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home