23.1.06

Too bad Christmas is over, part II (but maybe a b'day gift?)

Both E and I have joint, multi-part post(s) on the complete Zizek experience coming up (you didn't think we didn't go, did yous?) but, in the meantime, here's what yous should keep in mind if you're getting me anything for my (upcoming) b'day.

A Kalashnikov (yes, it's a bit expensive but think what those Sierra Leonians could do. Better yet, take up a collection and get me a tank

In case yous didn't follow the link, it's all in a good cause: all this is used to make agricultural implements in Sierra Leone. Or so they say.

3 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, there's a tank factory in Ohio, not too far from where I grew up. You should go and see what the sticker price is.

 
At 1/23/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Priya said...

But, can that one "provide a year's work for 5 blacksmiths, turning it into 3,000 items vital to equip a farming village of 100 families. Jobs, tools, agriculture. It isn't everyday that what you long for comes true."

No, I really couldn't make this up. MP folks, read this and please consider making a new series :-)ep :-)

 
At 1/25/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have no idea. I suppose I never really thought about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home