16.1.06

Zizek at the National Gallery of Art

Well, not in person (though, who knows if he'll show up to surprise the audience) but on film.

As we had discussed this at PTSD earlier, I thought our readers might fancy taking a trip down to the Mall on Sunday to catch the double-header of documentaries on "creative personalities". As a bonus, the filmmakers of both docos and the subject of the first film are going to be present for discussion following the films.

Zizek sighting details:

Where? National Gallery of Art on the Mall
When? Sunday, January 22 at 4:30pm

Oh, I'm not sure who wrote the summaries for the docos but Zizek is apparently a "popular Slovenian academic superstar". Is that a play on the ALW/TR version? Both do have beards and I doubt if the other one had much time for personal grooming either.

5 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Cool. We should go, I think. I'm pretty sure S has to work, so I'll have the afternoon free.

 
At 1/19/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Goodo. Apparently we need to get there a bit early since people line up. Or, that's what I hear. Not too sure if people actually do line up for Zizek.

 
At 1/23/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Heh. They do in Argentina, I guess.

 
At 1/24/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Priya said...

We walked out of Zizek though. Wait...that brings up images better left unimagined.

 
At 1/25/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hee. Who knows, maybe the end was more exciting. He never did say where he kept his kitchen implements.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home