29.5.06

Because I know there are comics!geeks lurking out there

A link to the 50 greatest Marvel characters. Now with snark! It's democracy in action, folks.*

A quote, just for Priya:
33. Cyclops, Scott Summers
Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
The irritatingly dependable solid core of the X-Men, Scott Summers is basically Dr Jack from Lost - serious, manly, handsome and authoritative, but with all the personality of a Microsoft paperclip. "I see that you're fighting a Sentinel. Would you like to hurl Wolverine at its head while Iceman impedes its progress?" I can only assume the mutant boy scout placed at number 33 in this list by sheer force of nostalgic inertia.
* No, I'm not linking to this because it has a CE reference. That's a bonus.

4 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 12:32 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Today, someone actually cheered when that scene happened, proving I'm not the only one to think Cyclops is a waste of space.

Hurrah for Wolverine and his overall indestructible-ness though.

 
At 5/30/2006 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL cyclops sucks! I agree totally! Too little personality. though i would have liked to see more of this changed cyclops that xavier went on about.

 
At 5/30/2006 8:54 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I missed cheering? It's not enough that I was the ONLY PERSON who laughed at the Beast saying "stars and garters?"

 
At 5/31/2006 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I didn't see it with you i guess i would have been the chuckler in my theater...LOL

I also giggled when cyclops bit the big one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home