10.8.06

If you look away even for a second

Hey, who wants to see the fabulous new boots? Tough. I'm posting a picture anyway. They're not this color anymore (with the oil, they're a great deep burgandy that isn't at all girly) and I didn't put on the weird little taggy thing on the front, because I don't want anybody kicking my ass in a bar parking lot.

And as long as we're on the photo-blogging bandwagon, I've got a bit of advertising for you. As part of my efforts to do something that is unrelated to the dissertating and poli sci experience, I'm part of a quasi-defunct poetry workshop. Which I'd ordinarily pimp here, but the best thing about it is the location: Breakwell's, a newish coffee shop next to the Convention Center here in DC. I don't rememeber the the exact address, but it's at 9th and M, across from the Liquor Store.

Orange walls, smoothies made with real fruits, great coffee, quiet music, and free wireless. That's right, free. As in, I can (and do) get to surf the web and blog while watching the conventioneers wander past with their maps upside down. Good times.

What? You don't believe me? You say you want photographic evidence of this place? Well, you're in luck.

It looks friendly and hip and stuff, right?

Come on, Loyal Reader. Help me out. People have to hang out here instead of *$s, because the owner is cool and the drinks are good and there's free!wireless!

7 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Priya said...

I don't understand how coffee and writing can go together. Don't you need alcohol for creative thinking?

Confused.

 
At 8/11/2006 6:53 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

No, it's coffee and editing--we've been doing a poetry workshop.

Editing and alcohol are not a good combination. All that red ink, all those beers--it's a recipe for disaster.

 
At 8/14/2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah editing and alcohol..not good...I second that notion...and yes come one come all...writing at the cafe is good stuff!

YEAH breakwell's

 
At 8/14/2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. nice boots by the way, though the photo does not do them justice.

 
At 8/16/2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

No, it really doesn't. All I need is a Mountie, and I'm all set.

 
At 8/16/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Can I have one too? A Mountie that is (and one that says "eh" and is quite possibly red-headed) rather than a pair of boots, that is :-)

 
At 8/19/2006 9:54 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, hey, best due South scene? CKR dressed as a Mountie.

I think Anna and Serena were going to chip in on a big hat.

I'm so predictable--bad boy in a uniform = fantastic television.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home