17.10.06

Oops.

I totally forgot that today was my wedding anniversary. Right up until my mother phoned and started singing into our answering machine.* In my defense, she only called because my sister mentioned it.**

Three years, and I've only managed to remember it once without some sort of reminder.

I think this makes me the bad one in this relationship. Or at least the absentminded one.

* In the greater scheme of things, I prefer "Happy Anniversary" to "Little Bunny Foo Foo," her usual Easter message. It's not as catchy as "Yankee Doodle Dandy," but shorter.

*She wanted to tell me that the Genius Nephew is going as a Grim Reaper for Halloween this year. He's been walking around the house with a scythe for a week now.

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2006 10:13 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary, you and S! It's tough to think that I have known you before and after the event.

 
At 10/18/2006 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary

 
At 10/18/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks--but I'm pretty sure I'm not entitled to congratulations because I'm a Big Slacker and didn't remember.

Also, I need to get to TUWSNBN and turn in the grade form that I forgot to take along yesterday. Why, yes, I did go in for that specific purpose. Why, no, I can't explain why I left it SITTING ON THE COUCH and went in without it.

I am the worst academic ever.

 
At 10/18/2006 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah not the worst....pretty close lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home