23.1.06

I suppose you're waiting for me to post something

Priya's right, I am working on a long post about our weekend trip to the world of art. And I'll get it posted sometime tomorrow, I promise. Right after I get done working, and provided that getting up at 6am to go for a nice long workout with my sadistic PT doesn't kill me first. I'm beginning to think that standing on one foot and throwing a ball should be added to the CIA "don't use these torture tactics unless you really think you need to" list.

Something to think about while you're waiting: what does it mean if schools are suddenly failing boys?

Are they a suspect class? Or do we just add them to the long list of other students who are failed by an education system that centers around performance on standardized tests?

3 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say help all students in the U.S., stop testing them and help them. I mean really worrying about how far behind we are rather than how to fix the problem seems a bit naive and idiotic.

Ridiculous school system and the bureaucrats running it.

 
At 1/24/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I am always waiting for you to post things, E. Always

I'd say waiting with bated breath but then that would be lying. And, unlike various important people in this country, I usually don't lie. Or chop down cherry trees (or was it an oak?)

 
At 1/26/2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was a cherry tree. Of course, it was also all a lie that my history teacher told me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home