13.6.06

Workshopping, Day 3 (or, this is why nobody is likely to hire me)

When discussing syllabi (Things to put in were listed as: definitions, history, causes, motivations, typologies, effects, strategies, and tactics of terrorism with the role of International Organisations and the role of women), I wanted to point out that I'd end my syllabus with some SuperN/BigF/Weldes, et al's COFI introductory chapter/Neumann's Uses of the Other but I got distracted by commenting on another blog and by the South Korea-Togo match. By the time I got back to the workshop, the discussion had moved on. I'm saving my comments for the group dinner later today.

Walked around Colonial Williamsburg yesterday evening. Got involved in a "reenactment" where folks in "Colonial" (I presume--tall hats and tight trousers?) were walking around blowing things up with cannons. It was good fun but Vikings are still more fun--there was more hands-on involvement with the Vikings (local volunteers/"Viking period" food and craft-making, etc).

So far, I've learnt a lot about the "mainstream" but not enough to make me want to join it. There're still sessions on "Using Game Theory" and on "Formal Modelling of Terrorists" coming up. Can't wait, really.

ETA: I just won (in a daily raffle) Mia Bloom's Dying to Kill: The Allure of Suicide Terror. Yesterday's books were Bruce Hoffman's Inside Terrorism and John Horgan's The Psychology of Terrorism, neither of which I won.

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you are learning nothing...about terrorism...just footy then, priya~ LOL

ah well its all good, and you no like colonial williamsburg...i think its quite enchanting...though I have never seen vikings in action

 
At 6/13/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Priya said...

No, I rather liked Colonial Williamsburg--it was good fun and I liked cannons going off all around me (and blokes in weird hats are always funny)

I still haven't been able to find a CVS/some other pharmacy though and everything is bloody expensive!

 
At 6/14/2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's williamsburg for you...except the pints apparently...you can see what they value down there...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home