23.10.06

Fandom intrudes on real life

Three things:

1. The first episode of Torchwood is every bit as good as people say it is. Even the rough parts are very, very well done. The Hub is spectacular.

2. Jack Harkness is a better character now than he was in Doctor Who. John Barrowman's hair looks a little funny, but the character is fantastic.

3. Cardiff is a major character as well, just as DC is a character in West Wing or Chicago (okay, Toronto disguised as Chicago) is a character in due South. This doesn't bode well for my decision not to watch any more television shows.

3 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Hey, I heard (from a fairly reliable source) that Torchwood was shite (though the second ep was apparently better than the first). So, when can I watch it so I can form my own "informed judgment"?

No. 3 would be as good a reason as any for me. I still have very fond memories of backpacking (and throwing computers down mountainsides) in Wales and watching footy at the Millennium stadium in Cardiff.

 
At 10/25/2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are in fandom and there is little boston trip planning...lol...where is said conference....? and i may head up later than wed...maybe friday afternoon...depending on where said conference is and how much hotel and airfare cost me...lol

Wonder if the yahoo feed has remedied itself yet for you...lets hope so.

 
At 11/05/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

The feed seems to be back on. Still think you should join us for a couple of days, but I'm looking forward to getting out of town next week no matter what.

Of course, all the stuff I need to finish is going with me. So it isn't much of a break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home